Recent Oil Plant Assault Shows 'No Protected Places in the Russian Distant Backlines'

Ukrainian UAVs have hit Russia's oil facility in Ufa, situated around 1,400 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, resulting in detonations and a blaze, according to a insider in the Ukrainian Security Service.

This marks the third Ukrainian security service deep strike in the region in the last month. Such operations demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the far hinterland of the Russia.

Zelenskyy Appeals to US President to Mediate Ceasefire in Ukraine

Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on Donald Trump to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine over a call on the weekend.

"Provided that a hostilities can be ended in one region, then undoubtedly other wars can be halted as well, including the Russian aggression," he said, praising the US President's "outstanding" Middle East peace initiative and requesting the American leader to compel the Moscow into negotiations.

Moscow's Strikes Take Victims in Ukraine

Russian attacks on Ukrainian territory killed at least five people on Saturday and disrupted electricity to areas of the southern Odesa area, according to Ukrainian officials.

Two people lost their lives in a place of worship in the town when it was struck, as reported by municipal sources.

In Russia's frontier area of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was killed by a attack from Ukraine, per regional authorities.

Energy Restoration Operations in Kyiv

Work carried on on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in Kyiv, after Russian attacks.

Electricity had been restored to over 800,000 inhabitants by Saturday and the largest utility provider announced the primary efforts to repair the grid was complete though some outages remained.

Air Defence Actions and Drone Interceptions

Ukraine's defense forces neutralized 54 of 78 UAVs from Russia launched targeting the country in the dark hours, the military said on the weekend.

Russia's defense officials claimed it eliminated forty-two Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.

Cuba Refutes Claims of Sending Forces to Ukraine

Havana on the weekend denied US claims it has deployed troops to participate in the hostilities, while declaring the government "lack precise details about Cuban nationals" participating "voluntarily" or "in the military forces of the conflicting parties".

The government department in the capital announced twenty-six Cuban citizens had been given prison terms to jail sentences varying between 5 to 14 years for mercenary activity since last September when information spread of Cuban nationals being sent to the frontlines in Ukraine.

Surrender Initiative Program Reports Data on Cuban Enlistment

The program, a state initiative that encourages adversaries to give up, stated in May: "We have confirmed the names and personal details of one thousand and twenty-eight Cubans who entered into agreements with the Russian military in 2023-2024."

The government in Havana commented of Cuban nationals who might be engaged: "There is no doubt that no individual has the encouragement, dedication, or approval of the Cuban authorities for their activities."

Kin of Cubans who left for Russia in the year reported to Agence France-Presse at the time that their loved ones had been tricked into joining through ads on online platforms.

Jennifer Long
Jennifer Long

A seasoned casino enthusiast and slot game analyst with over a decade of experience in the online gaming industry.